Installation note for turbocharger
Pre-check before installation
Please check the appearance and to make sure contain any foreign objects (bolt, nut, any pieces) inside the air cleaner/ intake pipe/ intake or exhaust manifold.
Please check carefully if it has the experience of breaking compressor wheel.
Pieces of wheel could be inside of the turbocharger and it is possible to break the turbocharger.
Please check oil drain pipe/ inlet pipe/ union bolt to make sure there is no carbon filling/ no dirt/destruction. Please exchange if it is necessary.
Please clean or exchange the air cleaner; to make sure it is clean and clear.
** If the turbocharger rotate with stuffed air cleaner, compressor may vacuum the oil itself
Confirmation for each engine parts
For air cylinder type of actuator, please confirm when is the last time exchange the air dryer.
If there is no exchange for air dryer, the grease inside the air cylinder will deteriorate and may cause the serious problem.
If the reason for exchange is oil leakage…
If the oil has stuck to exahust outlet, the oil will remain intake manifold .
The oil inside of inter cooler will suck in combuster and fire!
There is caused by engine overrun.
Please get rid of the oil from inter cooler
Inspect when installing turbocharger.
Replace engine oil with correct viscosity grade as specified by the engine manufacturer.
Be careful not to allow any foreign objects contaminate the oil inlet, piping or union bolts during installation.
Prior to fitting turbocharger, pre lubricate turbocharger with engine oil by pouring oil into turbocharger oil inlet and rotate impeller with finger to prime and coat bearing surfaces.
Vehicle with DPF/DPD, please use the oil which is recommended by the engine manufacture.
It may cause the problem of engine
(Replace engine oil with correct viscosity grade as specified by the engine manufacturer. Especialy vehicle after the Euro 4, 2007)
Replace turbocharger oil inlet and outlet gaskets with new gaskets. Do not use any form of liquid gasket.
Inspection after turbocharger installation.
• Do not increase engine RPM rapidly after initial start up. Maintain idle RPM for no longer, but up to 10 minutes. Drive vehicle after engine reaches normal operating temperature and inspect that the operation of the turbocharger is normal.
Do not increase engine RPM rapidly after initial start up. Maintain idle RPM for no longer than, but up to 10 minutes.
Suggest driving vehicle in normal conditions (racing conditions are not recommended) and confirm normal turbocharger operation.
Please use the recomended oil by engine manufacture. It may cause the problem of the engine for vehicle with DPF/DPD.
Since sludge may flow into the turbocharger, do not perform engine clean or flush after the exchange turbocharger is fitted.
Previous oil leak has left oil in the exhaust system. There will be white smoke evident until remaining oil is burnt out
If the problem does not solve by exchanging the turbocharger, there might be another problem except turbocharger and will happen again. Please read backside carefully and check the list.
Inspection prior to installing the turbocharger to the engine.
For passenger car
Ensure that the turbocharger oil feed line is not distorted or contaminated with oil sludge.
In many cases, turbochargers have failed prematurely due to factors not related to the turbocharger itself. Unless the basic cause of the problem is rectified, unnecessary turbocharger failure will occur. Oil contamination or foreign objects are some of t
- Clean piping until sludge is removed. This may need to be repeated several times using engine oil (impossible to remove using solvent) until all sludge and foreign substances are removed. Replace line if sludge cannot be removed.
- Inspect engine lubrication system for sludge. If there is evidence of sludge, flush engine oil until sludge is removed. Repeat process as many times as necessary
- Inspect oil supply and drain pipe union bolts for blockage. Clean or replace as necessary. (Some vehicle models also have a union bolt gauze/filter. Inspect for blockage, clean or replace as necessary)
- Replace the engine oil filter
- Inspect engine oil pump pressure? Inspect engine oil pump pressure (using an external test gauge) and ensure it is at the correct manufacturer’s specification.
Inspect air cleaner, housing, intake and exhaust piping for foreign objects such as loose bolts, nuts, cloths etc. Inspect ducting for any oily appearance
Inspect air cleaner
Dirt build up on air cleaner can cause air restrictions. Clean or replace filter as required. Please install with a oil pipe with a union bolt as a set at the time of the attachment by all means.
Inspect engine components for any foreign matter or obvious faults
Confirm PCV valve movement and that it is not seized.